To configure server components of ThinPrint Mobile Session Print, please follow the steps below.
- After the terminal server reboots, open the ThinPrint Configuration.
- Open AutoConnect’s Map additional Printers table (lower arrow in following Illus.).
- Enter a new line with the following entry in the target column (upper arrow):
- Click Apply or OK to confirm.
- Test the printer mapping once using an administrator session.
On doing so, the Mobile Printer’s virtual printer driver TP Mobile Gateway will be automatically installed on the terminal server.
Mobile Session Print server
Mobile Session Print is configured using the Management Console which is installed together with the License Server.
You can access the Management Console from any HTML5 browser using the following address:
- Alternatively, select ThinPrint License and User Configuration in the Windows Start menu.
– Log on to the Management Console with the license server installation account, for example, using the recommended Service Account (see User account for installation).
To be able to activate users and devices for Mobile Session Print you need to have previously registered the Mobile Session Print server on the ThinPrint Push Notification Service (TPNS). This is also required after an update installation of Mobile Session Print.
Note! If Mobile Session Print and License Server are to run on the same server that’s running Windows 2008 R2 and the Window name differ from the external URL, you must add the following two values to the Windows Registry manually3:
1. hkey_local_machine\system\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\DisableStrictNameChecking (REG_DWORD) = 1
2. hkey_local_machine\system\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\MSV1_0\BackConnectionHostNames (MultiString) = FQDN of the external URL
- Select Global Settings.
- Select Mobile Print→ Register Server.
- Enter the Mobile Session Print server address and an administrator’s e-mail address – preferably that of the user account used for installation. This will register both the Mobile Session Print server and the e-mail domain on the TPNS.
- Go to the mailbox of the given user account when the message Confirm activation link in e-mail appears and click the Verify button in the registration mail to confirm this e-mail. Then a confirmation page will appear in the web browser.
- Go back to the Management Console and complete the registration process by clicking on Complete Registration.
In the Management Console, the registration information and the print job storage will be displayed. The print job storage destination folder can be changed with Edit Settings.
- To enable users, select Control Panel→ Users.
- To add users – if they’re not already enabled for ThinPrint (see Global Settings) –, click on the plus sign (arrow in following Illus.).
- Then select Active Directory.
- Select the domain.
- Select the users or groups and click on Import. Next, confirm the ThinPrint license information with Continue. Then click on Close when the user import is completed.
- After the import, the users will be enabled for ThinPrint but not yet for Mobile Session Print. To enable it, click on Edit.
- Enable the user for Mobile Session Print and click OK.
- Lastly select Force update to transmit the (changed) user information to the TPNS. This is also required after an update installation of Mobile Session Print.