Follow this step-by-step guide to print from a remote desktop session on your iOS device using ThinPrint Mobile Session Print.
Start a remote desktop session
Step 1 of the scenario.
- Establish a connection to the terminal server.
Trigger the print job
Step 2 of the scenario.
- Open a file or an application on the desktop.
- From there, open the app’s menu and tap on Print.
- Print with Mobile Printer by tapping Print and then OK.
- A push notification showing available print jobs will appear.
Send the print job to a printer
Step 6 of the scenario.
- Tap on the push notification. You will be forwarded automatically to the Mobile Session Print app. This connects to the Mobile Session Print server in order to retrieve the print job information and download the print job.
- When New print job ready appears start the AirPrint process by tapping on Print now.
Step 7 of the scenario.
- The AirPrint menu will open. If necessary, tap on Select Printer and select a printer in the network.
- Then tap on Print to send the received print job to that printer.