System requirements: a member server in the domain in which ThinPrint will be used (not the domain controller alias Active Directory server!) – with one of the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2022
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Note! Alternatively, you can install the GPOs without the installer.
On a domain member server, copy the relevant .admx files – of available – to
%systemroot%\PolicyDefinitionsand the corresponding .adml language files, if applicable, to the relevant subdirectories, e. g.
Caution: Only merge these subdirectories, do not overwrite them completely!
- Copy the GPO installation routine ThinPrint_GroupPolicies_x64.exe or ThinPrint_GroupPolicies_x86.exe (delivered with the ThinPrint Engine) to the computer on which you manage your group policies and then run it.
- Select a language. Confirm with OK.
- The welcome window for the installation routine appears. Acknowledge this with Next.
- Read and accept the license agreement. Confirm with Next.
- Select the installation folder for the application. Confirm with Next.
- Select the installation folder for the ADMX files. Confirm with Next.
- Click on Install to start the actual installation.
- Click on Finish to end the installation routine.