If printing does not work properly, please check the following before contacting ThinPrint support.
Please use also the ThinPrint Diagnostic Utility.
- Is the same protocol selected for the ThinPrint Client and the ThinPrint port?
- Is the ICA version of the ThinPrint Client installed on the client machine?
- To which ThinPrint port is the printer for this ThinPrint Client connected (= Host Integration Service’s target printer)? Virtual Channel Protocol must be selected in the ThinPrint port configuration (MMC) on the XenApp server(s).
- Check the name convention of the ThinPrint port to which the Host Integration Service’s target printer is connected; see ThinPrint port configuration (MMC) on the XenApp server(s). The name convention for the printer connected to the ThinPrint port must be:
- Are printer(s) installed on each client machine?
- Is / are the host system’s IP address/es entered in the Host Integration Service configuration?
- Is the Host Integration Service’s IP address entered in the printer settings on the host system(s)? (Preparing the host systems)
- Are you sure that the TCP port number(s) (515 for the Host Integration Service) is / are not being used by another program?
- Test the option Allow connections from all TCP ports instead of Allow connections from certain TCP ports (721–731) only.
- Are name translations entered for host user names and XenApp server user names?
- The Windows service TP Host Integration Service must be restarted after configuration.
- Is the Windows service TP Host Integration Service running?
- Is the Windows service LPD Service disabled on the Host Integration Service machine?
- If you selected Use encryption in the port configuration, continue reading the section Encryption of print data, or disable encryption for now.
- Debugging (Host Integration Service):
- Create the Registry entries DebugFile and DebugLevel (Relevant entries in Windows Registry).
- Restart the TP Host Integration Service (Windows service).
- Try to print from a host session.
- Search for “_ERR_” entries in the logfile.
- Did you provide a ThinPrint license to the printing user in license server?