The ThinPrint Diagnostic Utility (TPDU) is an add-on component for a range of ThinPrint products. It provides a diverse range of information about installed ThinPrint and Personal Printing components. For support purposes, with a few easy steps you can, for example, generate TPDU reports and also enable logging for individual components.
- Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.x (recommended: 4.6.2 or later)
Version 1.3.22. or older:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Downloading TPDU installer
You can download the ThinPrint Diagnostic Utility from the following address:
You will find two installation versions there:
- Web Installer
(at start up, automatically checks online for available updates and offers to install them)
(provides no update option; recommended for single use and for computers with no internet connection)
- Start the Setup.exe installation routine as an administrator.
- If necessary, confirm the publisher – either Cortado AG or ThinPrint GmbH – by clicking on Run.
- With the web installer, click on Install to start the actual installation.
Following the installation, the TPDU console opens automatically and immediately runs a scan to collect the necessary data from the local computer.
(Later, you can locate the console in your computer’s Start menu as ThinPrint Diagnostic Utility. The color scheme of the console – orange or blue – depends on the installed components – ThinPrint and/or ezeep.)
Note! The ThinPrint Diagnostic Utility requires administrator rights to be able to retrieve the necessary data from the system. Therefore, preferably run the TPDU with administrator permissions.
- You can rerun the scan at any time, using the F5 button or by calling up File→ Re-scan.
The ezeep ezeep Blue and Licenses tabs appear only after the scan is complete and only under certain conditions:
• For the ezeep Blue tab, an ezeep Blue component must be installed.
• For the Licenses tab, either license keys must be installed locally or the address of the ThinPrint License Server must have been specified in a ThinPrint component.