After the Mobile Session Print app has been installed, the mobile device needs to be registered on the ThinPrint Notification Service (TPNS).
This requires a user account with a mail address from the same mail domain that was used to register the Mobile Session Print server on the TPNS (see Registering Mobile Session Print server on TPNS).
- If not already exists, set up an Exchange e-mail account for the relevant user – preferably on the mobile device.
- Next, start the Mobile Session Print app. Confirm the message “Mobile Print Would like to Send You Push Notifications” with OK.
- Enter the user’s e-mail address in the Mobile Session Print app (left arrow in following Illus.) and confirm with Send (right arrow).
Then the TPNS registers the device for the respective user and sends her or him a confirmation e-mail.
Go to the mail app. Open this e-mail, and tap on the Confirm button in the body of the text to confirm the registration.
- A message will appear in the web browser. It shows the successful registration on TPNS.
- To finish the registration, switch back to the Mobile Session Print app and tap on Continue when e-mail confirmed (arrow in following Illus.) and then on Get started now.
As mentioned above, you can also personalize multiple devices or Mobile Session Print apps with the same e-mail address.