- After installing the group policies, open Group Policy Management and set up a new group policy object for ThinPrint Self Service.
- You can select groups or individual users who are allowed to use the Self Service
(here: the group ThinPrint and the user user12).
- To ensure that only the users and groups selected above can use the ThinPrint Self Service, disable the Authenticated Users group.
To do this, select the Delegation tab and then the Advanced button and deselect Apply group policy for the Authenticated Users group.
In the following table you can find, for each group policy, its counterpart in the MMC and/or the respective Registry value.
|Group policy||Corresponding menu item and/or Registry value|
|Disable printer groups in the Printer Self Service||[Registry value IsGroupingEnabled]
• Not Configured = Printer groups will displayed in the Printer Self Service
• Enabled = Printer groups will not displayed in the Printer Self Service
• Disabled = Printer groups will displayed in the Printer Self Service
|Enable Printer Self Service||Printer Self Service
[Registry value PrinterSelfService]
|Limit number of selected printers||[Registry value PrnSelLimit]
• Not Configured = Users can select and connect an unlimited amount of printers
• Enabled = Users can select and connect as many printers as you configured in the policy value
• Disabled = Users can select and connect an unlimited amount of printers
|Show Close button||[Registry value ShowCloseButton]
• Not Configured = Close button is not shown
• Enabled = Close button is shown
• Disabeld = Close button is not shown