Activate users for personal printing
In the Personal Printing configuration, you also can find the domain users who print with Personal Printing, under Active Directory Users and Computers→ Domäne→ Users.
- Activate the checkbox Scan barcode using smartphone and optional the Checkbox Force PIN entry on smartphone.
- Assign a User PIN or use the Default User PIN by clicking on Use Default.
- Then click on Apply. After the data is transmitted, the user clicks on Personalize to receive the data entered here, as a configuration e-mail. The configuration file contained in the e-mail is required by the user later for the configuration of the Personal Printing app.
The Personal Printing settings can be checked in the Management Console under Control Panel→ Users→ Peronal Printing.
Here, the User PIN can be changed if necessary with Edit.
Setting up Apples native printing option for Personal Printing
In order for Personal Printing users to make use of the Apple native printing option, a trust relationship must be established between the Mobile Print server and the print server. To limit this trust relationship to the specific services (e.g. CIFS) the Mechanismus Constrained Delegation mechanism must be used.
- Select your Mobile Print server under Computers in Active Directory Users and Computers, (left arrow in illus.). Then click on Properties in the context menu.
- In the Delegation tab select: Trust this computer for delegation to specified services only and Use any authentication protocol and then click on Add.
- Click on Users or Computers and select your print server and the Service Type→ cifs (lower arrow in illus.).