The following are the operating system, software, and hardware requirements:
Mobile Print server
- Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016 with 2 GB of free space on hard drive (recommended: 3 GB) and 4 GB RAM, plus storage space for user data and virtual data rooms.
- Windows service Print Spooler should not be disabled.
- Please note that the Mobile Print Server requires a Domain Controller as well as users who are activated in the Active Directory. The installation of the ThinPrint Mobile Print must not be carried out on the Domain Controller.
- The server on which Cortado Server is installed, must be a member of a domain (Domain Function Level 2003 or higher). Its Windows firewall can be disabled, but the firewall service must run.
- ThinPrint Mobile Print must not be installed on the same server as Cortado Server.
- ThinPrint Mobile Print may not be installed on the ThinPrint license server.
- The host name of the Cortado server must not exceed 15 characters.
- The installation must be carried out using the Service account (see section Setting up service account).
Active Directory (domain)
- All servers have to be members of the same or of a trusted domain (Active Directory).
- In DNS a Reverse Lookup Zone has to be set up, in which all computers, devices and appliances are registered.
- If the Cortado users are members of different Active Directories (domains) a two-way trust must have been set up for them.
Microsoft Exchange (optional)
- If the mail server is running MS Exchange, this server and the one on which Cortado Server is to be installed should be members of the same domain.
SQL server (optional)
- With the server installer, a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 can be installed. If you want to use an existing one instead, you need at least an SQL Server 2012.
- If the database is to be located on a server other than the Mobile Print server, the language of the operating system must be the same as that on the Mobile Print server.
- We recommend that you always use the latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome to ensure optimal display of the management console.
- iOS devices with iOS v9.0 or later
- Android devices with v5.0 or later
Note! A user may access ThinPrint Mobile Print with a maximum of three mobile devices.