Import users or user groups directly from the Active Directory (AD) into the Mobile Print server. To reduce the administration effort, we recommend that you create group templates and in the next step import entire AD groups. Each AD group can then be assigned a template directly.
- In the management console, open Control Panel→ Users the following window will open:
- The Import Wizard will start.
- In the next step, decide whether you want to import several users/user groups or a single user from the AD.
- If you have selected Active Directory as the import source, another window opens, in which you can select a domain where the desired users will be found.
- If you enable the checkbox in front of the domain name (left arrow in Illus.) and then click on Next all existing users and AD groups will be displayed in the next window.
- Alternatively, if you click on the small arrow on the right (right arrow in Illus.) and then click on Next you will go to any existing subfolders (OUs).
- Now select users or groups.
- Then click on Import.
Now you can see the imported users or groups. If a user has been successfully imported, a green dot appears in the status column. In addition, the information bar at the bottom of the window displays the number of imported users.
If the user could not be imported because, for example, not enough licenses are available, an error message will be displayed (example in Illus.).
When you close the Import Wizard, the successfully imported users will be listed in user management (Users). They are now enabled to use ThinPrint Mobile Print.
Note! As soon as a user has been successfully imported, he will automatically receive a configuration email (see section E-mail Settings).
Enter single user manually
With this option you can select a user to be imported from the AD, and add him by entering the user’s data manually. Fill in one of the fields completely, or use a wildcard (*) for your search.