To update an earlier Management Center version, proceed as follows:
- Open the console of the old Management Center
(e. g. version 2.1.3, build version 2.2.434).
- With this Management Center version, select Apply Configuration (Creating printers on the central print server) – either for all Connections (provided you have selected the One port per printer option here) or for all central print servers.
- On the SQL server, perform a backup of the Management Center database. To find the database information, select Extra→ Application Settings in the old Management Center.
- Install the new Management Center version – best on a new machine (not necessarily).
- Open the console of the new Management Center. Specify the database information in Extra→ Application Settings. The Management Center performs an – irreversible – database update automatically.