Note! Please keep the following installation order:
1. ThinPrint Client Windows
2. Desktop Agent (ThinPrint version 11) or Desktop Engine role of ThinPrint Engine installer (version 12)
Installing ThinPrint Client Windows
- Add the printer according to the sample scenario (here: HP).
- Start the ThinPrint Client installation program Setup_ThinPrintClient_x64.exe or Setup_ThinPrintClient_x86.exe.
- Proceed as described in the section Installing ThinPrint Client on the local print server, except for the installation method for the TCP/IP type; instead, select the installation method as an application and confirm with Next.
- Do not launch the ThinPrint Client at the end of installation (will be performed after installation of Desktop Agent). Confirm with Finish.
Installing ThinPrint Desktop Agent
The Desktop Agent (ThinPrint version 11) or Desktop Engine role of ThinPrint Engine installer (version 12) is used to install AutoConnect and TP Output Gateway on the workstation.
- Start the setup file, Setup_DesktopAgent_11_x64.exe, for example.
- Select a language. Click OK to confirm.
- Click Next to confirm the Welcome window.
- Read the license agreement, accept it, and click Next to confirm.
- If you have stored the AutoConnect configuration database centrally, you can specify it here. On this, select Use AutoConnect settings from network share and enter the path to the relevant .db file. Otherwise AutoConnect can still be conventionally configured using group policies. Click Next to confirm.
- Enter the License Server address. Confirm with Next.
- If the account you’re using to install Desktop Agent shouldn’t have admin permissions on the license server you’ll be asked for. Enter appropriate credentials. Confirm with OK.
- Click Install to start the installation procedure.
- Click Finish to close the window.
- Disable Windows service TP VC Gateway Service (because it’s not necessary here, and its TCP port interferes with the one of the ThinPrint Client).
- Confirm a system restart with Yes.