This documentation will make your license activation easy. You’ll learn how to use the software in demo mode or how to conveniently activate productive licenses in a few steps.
Demo download, license activation or reactivation, as well as software updates are described in detail and clearly illustrated.
The different types of ThinPrint licenses are optimally designed for their different areas of application. Different licenses can be purchased according to system requirements. The use of Annual Licenses for licensed products could proceed as follows:
- Demo software is downloaded from our website for the desired product. Use for 30 days.
- A full license with a 30-day test phase is purchased.
- Within the 30-day test period, the purchased annual license is activated to full use for one year
- User rights renewed annually by purchasing a new annual license, with update service.
Relating to licensing, there are two groups of ThinPrint products or components:
1. ThinPrint components which use the License Server
License keys are entered and managed on the License Server.
- ThinPrint Engine
- Desktop Agent
- Management Services
- Host Integration Service
2. ThinPrint products with an own license management
License keys are entered and managed with the License Manager installed on the machine on which the respective product is installed.
- RDP Engine
see: RDP Engine: Entering and activating license keys
- Personal Printing
see: Personal Printing: Licensing
- Management Center
see: Management Center: License Manager
For all products (except ThinPrint Engine from version 10.0), the license manager will be installed automatically during the installation routine, onto the server on which the software is installed. License Manager can be opened in the Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
From version 10.0, ThinPrint operates with its own license server, which assigns licenses for ThinPrint Engine to the users. Read more in License Server: Technical requirements.
Moreover, the different colors of the icons (Illus. above) show you immediately which license keys are valid and which not. The color shows the status of the license. An exclamation point next to the key shows four weeks before expiration that the subscription (update permission) will expire.
- green icon: license is activated
- yellow icon: license is valid but not activated
- red icon: license is invalid
- yellow exclamation point (to the right of the icon): subscription will expire
You can of course install and activate the license keys with unattended installation. This also applies for remote computers.
The advantages of the License Manager:
- central license management
- display of license status (active / valid / invalid)
- indication of expired update subscriptions
- central unattended installation and activation of license keys
Note! License Manager offers the possibility to remove or destroy license keys. Be aware however, that once license keys have been destroyed they can not be reentered on the same machine – not even if they had been previously activated. Only use this option in the License Manager, if you wish to delete licenses irrevocably on this machine. For example, if you wish to transfer user license keys from one machine to another in order to split them between several servers.