Note! You will need the ThinPrint License Server if you want to install a ThinPrint Engine v10 or higher or the Management Services. This also applies for a trial version with a demo or 30-days license key.
The server must be a domain member. Users or servers with ThinPrint Engine installed can also be located in subdomains or trusted domains. Read-only DCs are not supported.
The name resolution must be set up forwards and backwards on the Domain Name System (DNS) – forward and reverse lookup.
Note! The License Server requires an Internet connection. It connects to a ThinPrint cloud service ‒ the License and Subscription Update Service ‒ to automatically retrieve or renew license keys or subscription keys, for example.
Supported server operating systems:
- Windows Server 2022
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
each one with the following default settings:
- TCP ports 135 and 4005 must be opened in the inbound direction so that the ThinPrint Engine can communicate with the License Server
- TCP port 4004 must be opened inbound for the Management Console (ThinPrint license web console)
The License Server can be installed together with the ThinPrint Engine on the same machine (provided it’s supported by the respective operating system).
Note! If License Server is to be installed on a server together with ThinPrint Engine, install License Server first.
Do not install License Server ‒ on the same machine ‒ together with Personal Printing, Cortado Server or ThinPrint Mobile Print.
The installation of License Server on a domain controller is not recommended.
The following components or functions are required, checked during the Readiness Check and then installed or enabled:
- Asp.Net 4.7
- .Net Extensibility 4.7
- Web Server (IIS)
- ISAPI Filters and Extensions
- Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS)
- Active Directory module for Windows PowerShell
- AD DS and AD LDS Tools, Role Administration Tools, Remote Server Administration Tools, Management Tools, IIS Management Scripts and Tools, IIS Management Console, Application Development, Management Service, Performance, Security, Web Server, Windows Authentication, Static Content, Default Document
To license users, you can use the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, version 10 or higher
- Google Chrome version 27 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox version 21 or higher
Monitor with a minimum resolution of 1024×768 pixels
User account for installation
The server on which the License Server is installed, must be a member of a domain. For all stages of installation and configuration, you will need administrator permissions.
Note! The server(s) with installed ThinPrint Engine(s) must be in the same domain (or subdomain/trusted domain) as the License Server.
Furthermore, the License Server needs at least a one-way trust to the Active Directory containing the user accounts.