To update from an older ThinPrint version – e. g. ThinPrint 8.6 or 9.0 – to ThinPrint 10.0 or higher, proceed as follows:
- Apply for new license keys in the Cortado Enterprise Portal (free of charge for customers with an update subscription): https://enterpriseportal.cortado.com
- Install the License Server 10.0.2 (= 10.0 + hotfix HF2) on a separate machine. This allows you to continue working with the old version until the new one is fully functional. Here, install the integrated 30-days license key.
- Perform an update of the ThinPrint Engine(s) to version 10.0 and specify the license server.
- Perform a License Server update to version 11. Here install your version 11 licenses key (or older keys with their update subscription keys).
- Perform an update of the ThinPrint Engine(s) to version 11.
- Delete your old license keys and complete the letter of destruction, which you then send to ThinPrint or Cortado.
- Activate your (new) licenses and activate your users/user groups for ThinPrint, see Assigning a license to a user.