The following is a table of possible error messages together with information on correcting the errors.
|“The client has rejected the print job. (… Error in function No. 3, Error code: 8006ea6e)“||Client is active and has been detected but can’t print.
• printer off/paper jam/no toner?
|The certificate cannot be read or is incorrect.||The certificate is present on the client but cannot be read. If necessary, request a new certificate that is appropriate for server authentication and contains a key.|
|Error while receiving data.||• With encryption: You may be using an older ThinPrint Client. Install the latest version.
• When printing via ICA/RDP: The connection may have been (briefly) lost.
|“Server or client certificate has not been signed by the selected root certificate. (… Error in function No. 3, Error code: 8325eaf2)”||• The ThinPrint Engine can’t determine the validity of the certificate received from the client.
• The certificates of central print server and ThinPrint Client must be signed by the same issuer certificate (from a root or intermediate certification authority). Check the “Issued by” column against the issuer certificate.
• No name was entered for a root certificate in the ThinPrint Engine configuration. Or the root certificate or the intermediate certificate is missing.
• The certificate name (e. g., root) may be too vague. In this case, another certificate with this string has already been found in the certificate store, and the certificate references are then incorrect.
• If the same issuer certificate exists several times in the certificate store, delete all these certificates and import them again. Afterwards restart the central print server.
|Error while handshaking for encrypted transfer or
“Error while establishing encrypted connection. (… Error in function No. 3, Error code: 8310eae5)“
|Referring to the server certificate on the central print server:
• Server certificate is invalid or has expired.
|The server certificate validity starts in the future.||The server certificate is not valid yet
• Synchronize date and time on all associated computers
|The server certificate name has not been set.||No certificate name was entered in the ThinPrint Engine encryption settings.|
|Couldn’t find selected server certificate.||The name entered in the ThinPrint Engine configuration does not agree with the name of the certificate.|
|Couldn’t find selected root certificate.||The name entered in the ThinPrint Engine configuration does not agree with the name of the certificate.|
|The root certificate name has not been set.||No certificate name was entered in the ThinPrint Engine encryption settings.|