Quick Start Guide to Creating a TPDU Report
The ThinPrint Diagnostic Utility (TPDU) is an add-on component for a range of ThinPrint products. It provides a diverse range of information about installed ThinPrint and Personal Printing components. With a few easy steps you can, for example, generate TPDU reports and also activate logging for individual components.
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Downloading TPDU installer
You can download the ThinPrint Diagnostic Utility from the following address:
You will find two installation versions there:
- Web Installer
(at start up, automatically checks online for available updates and offers to install them)
(provides no update option; recommended for single use and for computers with no internet connection)
– Start the Setup.exe installation routine as an administrator.
– Confirm the publisher – either Cortado AG or ThinPrint GmbH – by clicking on Run.
– Click on Install to start the actual installation.
Following the installation, the TPDU console1 opens automatically and immediately runs a scan to collect the necessary data from the local computer.
Note! The ThinPrint Diagnostic Utility requires administrator rights to be able to retrieve the necessary data from the system. Therefore, run the TPDU always with administrator rights.
– You can rerun the scan at any time, using the F5 button or by calling up File→ Re-scan.
1. Later, you can locate the console in the Start menu as ThinPrint Diagnostic Utility.?