Fortunately there is an event thrown in the application log from CCLUS on the License Server that informs about the number of left licenses when the free license count reaches 10%.
You will need to configure a task for example with Windows Task Scheduler (pre-installed) which runs a job as soon as there is this specific event and e.g. send an email. Since Windows Server 2012 the Task Scheduler is not able to to send emails on its own anymore (depricated), so we need something else that does this job. Sure there is a possibility via Powershell but I like to keep it simple so I recommend “SendEmail” an open source project.
Create a new Task in Windows Task Scheduler on the License Server and Let it execute the SendEmail program.
- Configure the SendEmail program as needed, see the following external tutorial – https://www.howtogeek.com/125045/how-to-easily-send-emails-from-the-windows-task-scheduler/
- Add a new Task to Windows Task Scheduler
- Choose to “Create Task” (not a basic task) in Windows Task Manager
- Give it a name like “Notify on low ThinPrint license count” and select “Run whether user is logged on or not”.
- Under “Trigger” select New > Begin Task “On an event” and choose “Custom”.
- Select “New Event Filter…” and select Logged: “Last hour” (otherwise this will always be triggered on an event even if it was days ago), “Warning” for event level and as event log choose “Application”.
- Under source put in “TP License and User Configuration Service”, enter event ID “4”.
- Add the new Trigger.
- Now under “Actions” add a new action “Start a program” and choose the SendEmail program, add the parameters.