Backing up ThinPrint Configuration
- TP AutoConnect Settings
- TP Ports
- Printer queues
When customers need to backup their settings due to a migration or update of ThinPrint, follow these steps.
- Admin credentials to the server
- Windows Print Management role
TP AutoConnect Settings
Since ThinPrint Engine version 11.0, AutoConnect stores it’s settings in an SQLite database. If you use multiple terminal server and want to avoid duplication of the configuration tasks, you should therefore first move the location for this database from a local to a network drive.
Otherwise, back up the SQLite database TPACGlobal.db for migration to a new server.
Exports all ThinPrint Ports to an .xml file if no port is selected.
Backup printer drivers and config
- From windows machine, open the Administrative Tools , and then click Print Management-
- Right click on print management, Click Export printer queues and printer drivers to a file, and then click next.
- Type name of the print server on the network then click next.
- You will be presented with all the available printers in print server, click next.
- Type the location where backup will be saved, click next.
- Wait until export/backup complete, click finish. Now a complete backup has been performed and saved in preferred location. Make sure you got a backup file name.printerExport.