The ThinPrint Client for VMware Horizon can be installed on the following systems:
- Windows 10, 11 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and higher
For unattended installation, read Unattended installation. The following describes the attended installation.
Installing ThinPrint Engine on virtual desktops
- We recommend that you disable VMware Integrated Printing on Horizon virtual desktops as of Horizon 8:
- Install ThinPrint Engine on the virtual desktops.
Install ThinPrint Client for VMware Horizon on the workstation
- Download the ThinPrint Client for VMware Horizon under ThinPrint Clients & Tools. Run the setup file or the relevant .msi file (can be extracted from it using the
setup.exe /acommand line command).
- You can choose the language for the installation: English, French, German or Spanish.
- Der InstallShield Wizard öffnet sich. Klicken sie Weiter. The InstallShield Wizard will open. Click Next.
- Read the license agreement, accept it and click Next.
- Start the installation by clicking Install.
- After successful installation you will see the message: “InstallShield Wizard Completed”. Click Finish.
- Create at least one printer on your workstation.
- From your workstation, establish a remote session on your Horizon virtual desktop. You will find your printers connected into the session there (the printer name has the session number added to it, here: s11).