- ThinPrint License Server
- ThinPrint components on ThinPrint Servers (central print servers)
- ThinPrint components on remote desktops (terminal servers or virtual desktops) and workstations
Update from ThinPrint version 11.x to 12
- On servers and desktops with ThinPrint version 11.x, simply run the version 12 installer on the respective servers – license server and ThinPrint Engine.
Please use even on desktops that have the ThinPrint Desktop Agent 11.x installed the ThinPrint Engine setup.
Update from ThinPrint version 10.x to 11
- On servers with ThinPrint version 10.0.2 (= 10.0 + hotfix HF2), 10.6.1 or 10.6 FR1, simply run the version 11 installer on the respective servers – license server and ThinPrint Engine.
- For updating the ThinPrint group policy objects see the section Update from GPO v10 to GPO v11.0.
Update from ThinPrint version 9.0 to 11
To update from ThinPrint version 9 to 11, proceed as follows:
- Apply for new license keys in the Cortado Enterprise Portal (free of charge for customers with an update subscription): https://enterpriseportal.cortado.com
- Install the License Server 10.0.2 (= 10.0 + hotfix HF2) on a separate machine. This allows you to continue working with the old version until the new one is fully functional. Here, install the integrated 30-days license key.
- Perform an update of the ThinPrint Engine(s) to version 10.0 and specify the license server.
- Perform a License Server update to version 11. Here install your version 11 licenses key (or older keys with their update subscription keys).
- Perform an update of the ThinPrint Engine(s) to version 11.
- Delete your old license keys and complete the letter of destruction, which you then send to ThinPrint or Cortado.
- Activate your (new) license keys.
- Activate your users/user groups for ThinPrint, if necessary.
Note! Make sure that no user sessions run during the ThinPrint Engine update.
Update from older ThinPrint versions
When you wish to retain your settings, perform the update step by step, e. g. from 8.0 to 8.6, then to 9.0, to 10.0 and then to 11.
To uninstall a ThinPrint component open Programs and Features in Control Panel. Mark a ThinPrint component and then select Uninstall.