ThinPrint Configuration console
- Open the ThinPrint Configuration console.
The ThinPrint Engine console appears.
Here, you will find all events generated by ThinPrint components. Additionally you can display and filter print spooler events as well as manage the ThinPrint services and the print spooler.
Note! Note that saved server settings will only be effective after a spooler restart. With Windows Server 2008 R2 or later, spooler events cannot be shown here at present.
- Scroll down and select Edit settings.
- In the ThinPrint License Server tab you can:
- change the license server address (hostname, FQDN or IP address) and the TCP port (restart the TP License and User Configuration Service afterwards)
- open the license server’s configuration website by clicking its link
- change the address of the configuration website by clicking Edit
Note! The ThinPrint Engine configuration using group policies is described in ThinPrint group policies.
Print spooler events
In the Print Spooler Events tab, you can select which print spooler events from the Windows event viewer are to be displayed. This menu differs depending on the Windows version.
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2016 show Log admin events and Log operational events.
- In contrast, Windows Server 2008 and 2012 R2 show the settings Log print spooler errors, Log print spooler warnings and Log print spooler information.
To prepare the ThinPrint Engine for sending meta data of print jobs to an SQL database, you must the following settings in the Tracking tab:
- Enable Tracking
- SQL server’s address and name
- SQL server or Windows authentication: an account (specified with Tracking Database installer) which has write permissions for your database
- Encryption settings if the data are to be sent encrypted to the SQL server
- Name of the Tracking database (created using its installer)
- Click OK or Apply to confirm.
For details, see ThinPrint Engine and Tracking.
For global AutoConnect settings see the section AutoConnect: Printer mapping without print servers.