On terminal servers
- On terminal servers, open Virtual Channel Gateway in the ThinPrint configuration.
- Select Edit Settings.
Add (terminal servers only)
- On terminal servers, select Add to enter IP addresses of print servers, on which ThinPrint Engine is installed and on which Virtual Channel Gateway is to be used for printing. For failover clusters add the IP addresses of all cluster nodes.
Modify IP addresses for print servers
Delete a print server’s IP address
TCP Port number for TCP/IP communication with the ThinPrint Engine (default: 4000).
Note: The TCP port numbers in ThinPrint Ports (on print servers) and Virtual Channel Gateway (on terminal servers or virtual desktops) must match. Make sure that no other application is using this TCP port.
- Click Apply or OK to confirm. The result is shown in following illustration.
- On the central print server: create ThinPrint Ports and select Use Virtual Channel Gateway in the ThinPrint Port configuration. (This can also be done with Management Center or Management Services.)
- Create printers, attach them to these ports and share them.
- For Windows devices, create exactly one printer per printer model or per class of printer that uses TP Output Gateway as its printer driver.
- In contrast, for non-Windows devices create exactly one V-Layer pair per printer model.
- Configure Dynamic Printer Matrix on the terminal server or in the respective Group Policy (see ThinPrint group policies).
- Establish an RDP, ICA or PCoIP connection from a workstation to the terminal server or to the virtual desktops.
- In the session, open an application and perform a test print to each of these printers.