- ThinPrint License Server
- ThinPrint components on ThinPrint Servers (central print servers)
- ThinPrint components on terminal servers, virtual desktops and workstations
Update from ThinPrint version 11.x to 12
- On servers with ThinPrint version 11.x, simply run the version 12 installer on the respective servers – license server and ThinPrint Engine.
Update from ThinPrint version 10.x to 11
- On servers with ThinPrint version 10.0.2 (= 10.0 + hotfix HF2), 10.6.1 or 10.6 FR1, simply run the version 11 installer on the respective servers – license server and ThinPrint Engine.
- For updating the ThinPrint group policy objects see the section Update from GPO v10 to GPO v11.0.
After sharing printers the printer driver TP Output Gateway can be delivered automatically using Point and Print to terminal servers, virtual desktops and workstations. But with the printer driver update maybe the print processor isn’t updated automatically by Windows if an older version already exists. In this case it’s possible to print but ThinShare doesn’t work – in other words: The print data won’t be compressed on the way to the central print server.
To make sure to update ThinPrint’s print processor (tpwinprn) there are two alternatives:
- Either you update the printer driver directly on the target machine using its driver package. This can be found on the central print server in the directory
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ThinPrint\Virtual Printer\TPOG3
- Or you enable the group policy Point and Print Restrictions in the domain for all target machines including the option Do not show warning or evaluation prompt.
Update from ThinPrint version 9.0 to 11
To update from ThinPrint 9 to 10, proceed as follows:
- Apply for new license keys in the Cortado Enterprise Portal (free of charge for customers with an update subscription): https://enterpriseportal.cortado.com
- Install the License Server 10.0.2 (= 10.0 + hotfix HF2) on a separate machine. This allows you to continue working with the old version until the new one is fully functional. Here, install the integrated 30-days license key.
- Perform an update of the ThinPrint Engine(s) to version 10.0 and specify the license server.
- Perform a License Server update to version 11. Here install your version 11 licenses key (or older keys with their update subscription keys).
- Perform an update of the ThinPrint Engine(s) to version 11.
- Delete your old license keys and complete the letter of destruction, which you then send to ThinPrint or Cortado.
- Activate your (new) license keys.
- Activate your users/user groups for ThinPrint, if necessary (see Activating license keys).
- Perform an update of the Terminal Server Extension to version 10.0 and then to ThinPrint Engine 11.
Note! Make sure that no user sessions run during the update.
Update from older ThinPrint versions
When you wish to retain your settings, perform the update step by step, e. g. from 8.0 to 8.6, then to 9.0, to 10.0 and then to 11.
Update from ThinPrint version 7.6 FR1 to 8.0
If you have installed 7.6 FR1 (V-Layer), proceed as follows:
- Disable all V-Layers
- Uninstall FR1
- Install version 8.0 (uninstalling 7.6 is not necessary)
- Re-enable all V-Layers
To uninstall a ThinPrint component open Programs and Features in Control Panel. Mark the ThinPrint Engine and then select Uninstall.