With AutoConnect it’s possible to map printer objects automatically if shared printers can be used on a central, dedicated print server. AutoConnect is installed as a Windows service, and is supplied with the ThinPrint Engine package.
- Dynamic connection to shares on ThinPrint Servers (= printer mapping), based on various criteria, e. g.:
- Active Directory user or group name
- Printer name or printer group name
- Client (or host) name
- Client IP address, IP range or IP group
- Two methods for AutoConnect configuration:
- Using an MMC snap-in (recommended for single terminal servers)
- Using a Group Policy Object (recommended for virtual desktops and large environments)
- Support for Output Gateway
- Support for Virtual Channel Gateway
- Support for Connection Service
- Support for Management Center
- Support for Management Services
- ThinPrint Engine on a central print server
- AutoConnect, Virtual Channel Gateway and Output Gateway on the machine on which the applications run: terminal servers, workstations or virtual desktops
- ThinPrint Clients on workstations and / or local print servers and / or gateway appliances
Where and how to install AutoConnect?
AutoConnect is installed on the same computers on which the applications run – using the ThinPrint Engine installer.