Users with an AD account can either be enabled for Personal Printing by the adminstrator or register themselves:
- A user (with an account from the domain of the Personal Printing server) goes to the Release Station and holds his NFC card or token to the card reader.
- The printer will issue a registration instruction.
(To change the template of this instruction, see Editing instructions for self-registration.)
The user follows this instruction:
- To do this, s/he logs into the JobViewer on the web console of the Personal Printing server.
- If no encryption is set up, s/he must enter http instead of https.
- The user enters the six-digit access code specified on the registration instructions and confirms by clicking on Submit code.
- S/he then sees the list of her/his Personal Printing jobs, which is still empty at this time. This completes the registration.