Preparing the Release Station
Perform the following preparatory activities at the Release Station:
- Set up the device including login (see Setting up the Release Station)
- Personal Printing configuration in the Web console of the Release Station:
- Enable the checkbox Service Configuration
- Enter the URL of the Personal Printing server
(optionally via https, for which a server certificate must first be installed on the Personal Printing server and possibly the matching root certificate on the Release Station). You can establish a test connection to the personal printing server by clicking on
Test connection (here, the default user password is not transmitted but a valid Personal Printing license is required).
- Enter the Default user password (default: 0000), which …
- Confirm the entries by clicking on Save.
- Connect one or more card readers, select the number of card readers in the Card reader configuration area. If there are several card readers, click Detect card reader.
Note! If more than one card reader is used, only those of type 1252 can be used.
- Use ID personal printer to assign the relevant printer ID from the Personal Printing Server console to each card reader. Confirm by clicking on Save.
Registering users at the Release Station