During installation the following prerequisites will be installed, if they’re not already present:
- Microsoft Windows Installer
- ADAM instance from ThinPrint
- License Manager
- Personal Printing Setup and Support Files
- Personal Printing
User account for installation
The server on which Personal Printing is installed, must be a member of a domain. For all stages of installation and configuration, you will need a normal domain user account with local administrator’s permissions:
- To install and configure the software, set up a normal user account in the AD (Active Directory). We recommend that you name this PPservice.
- Then give this account local administrator permissions on the Personal Printing server.
Installing Personal Printing
- Log on to the Personal Printing server with the account described above.
- Start the program Setup.exe.
- In the next window select a language if desired.
- If Setup.exe installs prerequisites before the actual installation, you will then be prompted to restart Windows. After the restart, the installation program starts automatically.
- Click Next to confirm the Welcome window.
- Read and accept the license agreement, and click Next to confirm.
- In the next dialog you can select the installation path with Change. Click Next to confirm.
- Personal Printing needs an account for accessing the print jobs. We recommend the AD account PPService used for installation (see User account for installation).
- If you have already received license keys from your supplier or from ThinPrint GmbH, then select Enter license key(s). Otherwise select Demo Mode. Click Next to confirm.
- If you selected Enter license key(s), then a new menu will open. Copy your license keys into the white field (in the left screenshot) and click on Install Licenses.
Thereupon, one of the red circles with an exclamation mark will change to a green circle with a checkmark (in the right screenshot). Click OK to confirm.
Note! After you enter it, a license key will be valid for 30 days without being activated. For an overview of your licenses and for entering further license keys see Licensing.
- Click on Install in the next dialog, to start the actual installation process. This may take a few minutes.
- Finally, click on Finish to close the window. After that, a Windows restart may be required.
After a successful installation you can find the Personal Printing configuration console in the start menu.