To be able to print with Personal Printing, you must make some settings both on the server and on printers and devices. The printer and device settings depend on which method your users will use to authenticate themselves at the printers. The following methods are available:
- Authentication via Release Station with NFC card or token
- Smartphone authentication
Reading in a QR code or NFR tag attached to the printer. See:
- Authentication directly on a printer with NFC card or token. See:
- Configuring HP and Xerox printers
- Configuring Lexmark printers
- Configuring Samsung printers
- Configuring Konica Minolta printers
An additional authentication by PIN entry is available with each of these methods.
Note! NFC cards (smartcards) or tokens with changing IDs are not supported.
You may wish that later, several people will be able to configure Personal Printing. During installation the (local) user group Personal Printing Administrators was already created on the Personal Printing server. Domain users can be added to this group with local admin rights. They can then manage Personal Printing.
See also section Editing instructions for self-registration.