Authentication with printers – overview
The following hardware is needed:
- Server for the installation of Personal Printing
- Printer with embedded Personal Printing Client. See below:
Configuring HP and Xerox printers
Configuring Konica Minolta printers
Configuring Lexmark printers
Configuring Samsung printers
- external card reader (if not already embedded in the printer)
- NFC cards or tokens (e. g. Mifare)
– Connect all the devices as shown in the scenario. In particular, connect:
- the printer to the network
- a card reader via USB with the printer (optional); to do this, please note the manual of the card reader manufacturer.
Configuring server and users
– Proceed as described in the sections Setting up target printers and Default user PIN and authentication methods.