Connecting a Hub
ThinPrint Hubs and Personal Printing Release Stations – hereinafter referred to as Hubs – with firmware version 1.8 or later automatically connect to the NoTouch Center or higher if the NoTouch Center uses the default host name
tcmgr. In the configuration console of the Hub you will find the menu Manage via Stratodesk NoTouch Center in the network settings under the tab Remote Management. The Hubs automatically log in to the NoTouch Center after a restart or by clicking the Annouce now button. This login is automatically refreshed every 60 minutes, which can be set with Announce interval (in min).
The Hub in question then appears as Unassigned in the Devices Managed menu on the right-hand side of the NoTouch Center.
On the left side of the NoTouch Center, you can expand the Unassigned node in the navigation pane to display the Hub in question.
- Add more Hubs by simply connecting them to a network from which the Stratodesk server is accessible and name resolution works.
Assigning a Hub to a group
In order to configure Hubs, they must first be moved from Unassigned to a group. By default, you can use the My Devices group. However, if you need more than one group, e. g. because two Hubs are to be operated in the same branch office by load balancing, create one group for each branch office and then assign the Hubs to the relevant groups. To name the groups, it is advisable to use the names of the branch offices where the Hubs are located – in our example Amsterdam.
- To do this, click Create Group.
- Enter a group name and confirm with OK.
- Select one of the unassigned Hubs and choose Move to from the context menu to move it to a group.
If you want to assign an already configured hub to a new group without any configuration you have to keep in mind that the hub will lose his configuration. If you want to avoid this, configure all needed properties in the group settings before you assign the Hub to this group.
- Select the desired group, here: Amsterdam, and confirm with OK.
- Assign the other Hubs to a group as well, here:
- two devices to the group Amsterdam
- one device to the default group My Devices