ScriptRunner for ThinPrint provides a convenient GUI-based means to create, execute and manage scripts. With ScriptRunner you can create scripts for individual users or for various administrator groups with different permissions. Then, for example, a user/group can only access scripts that have been released for them. Scripts can be designed so that they reveal only certain parameters to a user/group. In addition, it can be stipulated whether the values of certain parameters are permitted to be changed. Thus, ScriptRunner enables you to carry out role-based administration.
Web server (IIS) with the Management Services and ScriptRunner:
- at least Windows Server 2012
- .NET Framework 4.7.2
Print server (agent):
- at least Windows 8/Windows Server 2012
- Windows Remote Management (WinRM) must be activated
- Start Powershell via administrator and enter the following: Configure-SMRemoting. exe-enable
Web browser for Admin App and Delegation App:
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge (Chromium), Opera
- Start by deciding which component is to be installed on which computer.
- TpmS.Service and ScriptRunner must be installed on the same computer. ScriptRunner requires the pre-installation of TpmS.Service.
- If there is only one central print server in use it may also make sense to install ThinPrint Engine and Tpms.Service on the same computer.
- Install the Tpms.Agent on the print servers on which printers, drivers and printer ports will be created.
- Tpms.Service and ThinPrint Engine must be installed on computers in the same domain to which the license server belongs or in a trusted or sub-domain thereof.