See also License version info.
1. Log in as a user with local administrator permissions.
2. Start the relevant installer program, e. g. ThinPrint_Management_Services_x64.exe or ThinPrint_Management_Services_x86.exe.
3. If the Installation Assistant displays requirements for installation, click Install.
4. On Windows Server 2008 R2 systems, the Windows Management Framework 3.0 is required for Tpms.Powershell. Click Install to confirm this requirement.
5. With Tpms.Powershell installation, click Yes. With Yes, a Windows restart is required additionally.
Alternatively with Tpms.Server or Tpms.Agent installation, click No.
6. Confirm the Welcome window with Next.
7. Read the license agreement and confirm with Next.
8. Select the component to be installed and confirm with Next.
9. With Tpms.Service or Tpms.Agent installation, enter the license server address if it’s installed on a different machine. Confirm with Next.
10. If the account you’re using to install Tpms.Service or Tpms.Agent shouldn’t have admin permissions on the license server you’ll be asked for. Enter appropriate credentials. Confirm with OK.
11. Select the installation folder and confirm with Next.
12. Click Install to start the installation process.
13. Click Finish to confirm the successful installation. An information web page will open.
14. Restart the machines on which you installed Tpms.Service or Tpms.Agent.
Registering IIS after installing Tpms.Service on Windows Server 2008 R2
On Windows Server 2008 R2, to make sure that Tpms.Server and Tpms.Agent are able to communicate it’s necessary to register the Internet Information Services (IIS) using Aspnet_regiis.exe. On this, run on the Command Prompt:
This is only necessary in case Tpms.Server has been installed on Windows Server 2008 R2. More information can be found on:
Note! Don’t use type-4 printer drivers for printer objects on ThinPrint Ports (see Overview of cmdlets).
After finishing installation, the Tpms components can be found as follows:
- Tpms.Agent can be found in the Services folder of the print server or workstation
- Tpms.Service can be found in the IIS Manager of the central web server
- Tpms.Powershell can be found in Windows’ Start menu or can be called using
on the admin computer.