There are two output formats, i. e. layouts, for Tpms.Powershell messages:
- classic output
- output in table form
You can change to the table form using the cmdlet Format-TpmsDispatch.
There are the log levels Fatal, Error, Warn, Info, Debug and Trace.
By enabling – for instance – the Info level all message of the levels Info, Warn, Error and Fatal will be shown. By enabling – for instance – the Error level only the messages of the levels Error and Fatal will be shown.
You can change between the log levels using the cmdlet Set-TpmsLogLevel.
There are the three sources for generating messages:
- Client = Tpms.Powershell
- Service = Tpms.Service
- Agent = Tpms.Agent
The messages of Tpms.Powershell can contain:
- the job ID when a job is started on the Service or on the Agent
- the thread number (for debugging purposes only)
- the error code of the source (if the error is related to the source itself, e.g. if the Service is unable to connect to the Agent)
- the error code of a specific process (which do not apply to the entire source) with its translation if possible
- at bottom level: the description of an error message
- at medium level: the interpretation of an error message of the bottom level
- at top level: the summary and state
- at top level: the interpretation of an error message with the consequent activity