To simplify handling, and to gain a better overview, various related components have been combined to form groups (see screeshot below), e. g.:
- Thinmon.dll, TPWPMon.log, TPVMMon.log and TPFMSMon.log to the ThinPrint Port Monitors group
- TPClnt.dll, Thn32Svc.exe and TPView.dll to the ThinPrint Client group
Note! After selecting logging for a specific component a restart of the relevant service is required for activating the logging.
Furthermore, all users must have the permissions for reading, writing and modifying the log files in the given path (see Browse).
|Menu / Table column
|checkbox in the column header
||enable all available components globally for logging; see Enable all below
|checkbox for a single component
||select the component/s
||name of the component
||list of all ThinPrint or Personal Printing components installed on the local computer
||list of components either not found or not installed locally
||logging enabled or disabled
• size of the log file
• is highlighted in yellow if the file size exceeds 100 MByte
• is highlighted in red if the file size exceeds 300 MByte
Note: With increasing size – especially over 300 MByte – the performance of the component decreases.
• select log file path
• Note! All users must have the permissions for reading, writing and modifying the log files in the given path.
• if not selected, all log files are stored by default in the Temp folder of the user currently logged on – specifically in
• enable logging for the selected component/s
• disable logging for the selected component/s
|Apply and Restart Services
||enable/disable logging and restart the relevant Windows service
enable all available components globally for logging
(see checkbox in the column header, above)
||disable all available components globally for logging
|Open log file location
||open the folder in which the relevant log file is located
|File→ Re-scan or F5
||information is rescanned