Be sure that the TCP ports for printing via TCP/IP are not being blocked by another program or by a server-side or client-side firewall. Default ports are:
- License Server inbound: 135, 4004 and 4005
- ThinPrint Engine outbound: 4000 for printing, 135 and 4005 to the License Server
- AutoConnect outbound: 4100 to the ThinPrint HA service on print servers (RPC)
- Connection Service inbound: 4000 and 4001
- ThinPrint Client inbound: 4000 for print jobs from the ThinPrint Engine
- ThinPrint Client outbound: 4001 to the Connection Service
Note! IPv4 must be activated for all computers involved. IPv6 should be disabled. Especially in mixed environments with old and new AutoConnect versions, do not use IPv6 or MAC addresses!
Supported server operating system:
- Windows 10 x64
Installed on central print servers:
- ThinPrint Engine v11 or later
For Session-in-Session to a XenApp server or XenDesktop the Citrix ICA Client v10.0 or later is necessary.
Note! Depending on the operating system in use, the installation of Microsoft hotfixes may be required. To check this, please use the ThinPrint Diagnostic Utility.
Supported server operating systems:
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
For License Server installation and configuration, you will need a normal domain user account with local administrator permissions:
- To install and configure the software, set up a normal user account in the AD (Active Directory). LicService used here as an example.
- Then give this account local administrator permissions on the license server.
- Workstations or local print servers: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008
- ThinPrint gateway appliances, e. g. ThinPrint Hub or SEH TPG
- other ThinPrint Client versions are available for Apple MacIntosh, Linux, Windows 2008, 2003, 2000, NT 4, Vista, XP, ME, 98, 95 (with Windows-Installer version 2.0 and later)
- Thin Clients with embedded ThinPrint Client