Managing Hubs in the cloud
As of firmware version 1.16 you can also manage ThinPrint Hubs via the cloud-based ezeep Blue portal. If you enable that feature you can even handle ThinPrint Hubs which are located behind a masked network. An ezeep Blue account is required to use this feature.
- Register at ezeep Blue
- Sign in to the ezeep Blue portal and claim the Hub to your Organization there.
- Then select Network→ Remote Management→ Cloud Management in the ThinPrint Hub’s or Personal Printing Release Station’s web console.
|Cloud management||Hub can be managed cloud-based with ezeep Blue (on Microsoft Azure).
This is recommended if the hub is located in a masked network and is not easily accessible remotely.
|Save||saves your settings|
|Cancel||cancels the operation|
- Go to the ezeep Blue admin portal (app.ezeep.com/networkprinters).
- To integrate the Hub into the cloud management, select Network Printers→ Connectors→ Add Connector→ Claim Hub here.
- Specify the Mac address of the Hub to be configured remotely.
You can find this in the Hub console under Network→ Identification.
- For remote configuration of a Hub ‒ after running Claim Hub ‒ click on the icon in the last column of the table (the web console of the relevant Hub will open).
The remote configuration of the selected hub opens ‒ recognizable by the URL starting with https://hubgw.ezeep.com/hubproxy/… (where gw stands for gateway).
If a Hub has not been connected to the ezeep Blue admin portal before (see Cloud Connect below), it will automatically be assigned a unique name (because only its Mac address is known so far). If it is connected later, this assigned name (arrows in the screenshot) will be replaced by the original name.